The Maryknoll Affiliate Nomination committee is currently inviting and requesting for nomination of individuals for appointment to its Board. We are looking for members who represent a dedication to the service of the Affiliate movement. We want members to share our commitment to building a strong and sustainable organization that promotes the charism of Maryknoll while remaining steadfast to the four pillars of the Affiliates movement. If you feel that you can offer the dedication and the desire to serve in the capacity of a Board Member, we would like to hear from you.
A primary responsibility of the Board members is to participate in the development of policy and major decision-making at board meetings. The Affiliate Board is accountable to write and approve policies in order to clarify purpose, principles and goals, define term lengths and conditions of Board members, provide clear and concise accountability metrics by which to indicate progress on goals and set priorities for subsequent action.
If you would consider to be nominated some information that may be helpful are listed below:
- Terms – Appointment to the Board will be for a three (3) year term with option to renew for another three (3) year.
- Meetings – attend and participate in two (2) times per year Board meetings.
- Transportation - Board members are responsible for their own transportation to and from the Board meetings.
- Provide leadership, wisdom, and creativity for the formulation of policy, progress, and practices that contribute to the generation of sound decisions and future direction of the Affiliate movement.
- Committee Member - Another key responsibility is to be active on an ongoing basis in a committee of the board.
Nominees should have been an Affiliate for at least one year with good standing and have developed familiarity with the Maryknoll entities (The Society of the Fathers & Brothers, Congregation of the Sisters and Lay Missioners). It is essential that a Board Member is comfortable with and knowledgeable of basic computer skills and electronic email (composing, sending, receiving, opening and attaching documents).
Review of nominees and selection of the Board members will be done by the Nomination and the Executive Committees. The Maryknoll Affiliate Board is chaired by Ann Carr, Executive Coordinator is Fred Goddard and with them are representatives from the Society Fr. Paul Masson, Congregation Sister Ann Hayden and Lay Missioners Sam Stanton.
Thank you in advance for your thoughtful consideration as we move forward to shape a strong future for The Maryknoll Affiliates movement.