What's your mission?
Come to Bolivia and find out! The Maryknoll Bolivia Mission Immersion Program offers exposure trips and volunteer opportunities as a way of introducing North Americans to mission, to cross-cultural engagement, and to the realities of Bolivia. Join us, the Maryknoll Lay Missioners, brothers, Sisters and Priests for what is sure to be a formative and transformative experience of life alongside the Bolivian people. We are privileged to be witnessing a historic moment of change as Bolivians struggle for a better future in this richly diverse country - the poorest and most indigenous in South America. We invite you to bring your gifts and your questions, and be converted to a deeper understanding of peace and justice as central to living the gospel.
Rooted in our shared charism and spirituality, the Maryknoll family of Lay Missioners, Brothers, Sisters, and Priests in Bolivia believes in facilitating mission for all members of God’s Church. Through the Maryknoll Bolivia Mission Immersion Program we offer mission exposure trips and volunteer opportunities. We foster formative and transformative experiences, introducing North Americans to mission, to cross-cultural engagement , and to the realities of Bolivia. We invite them to a deepened understanding of justice and peace as central to living the gospel.
Six-week to one-year mission immersion in Bolivia doing volunteer service. Individuals, married couples and families are invited.
- Maryknoll Bolivia will place volunteers in ministries that reflect Maryknoll's values, favoring partnership over paternalism, empowerment over dependency, and reflecting gospel values. Placements will be determined according to availability of mission sites and talents and interests of volunteers as determined in application and interview process.
- Maryknoll Bolivia will find housing for volunteers, provide orientation upon arrival in Bolivia, accompany volunteers throughout their time here and assign each volunteer a Maryknoll missioner as a mentor.
- Upon completion of service, Maryknoll Bolivia will facilitate a process of mission integration and re-entry to the U.S.
- Terms of service will ordinarily begin in January and late June/early July. Special programs for families with children are available.
- Proper Visa
- Recommended Vaccines
- Successful completion of program's orientation
- Documented good physical health.
- Six-week volunteers need at least one year university Spanish in the U.S. or equivalent.
- Six-months of one-year volunteers need demonstrated proficiency in Spanish.
- All short-term volunteers need previous service experience and two years college or equivalent experience.
For more information about the Maryknoll Bolivia Mission Immersion Program please contact:
Dan Moriarty, Program Director
Maryknoll Bolivia Immersion Program
phone: 011-591-7648-3272 (Bolivia) or 646-571-3117